Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday - Thankfully nothing to report

Today is the first day on the trip when I actually had no planned activity I had to attend. I slept through the 6:30 am trek to a park to see the morning exercise routines (Dawn went, cause she’s a committed photographer). And then I skipped the group lunch outing to write my story about the Tea Man. So I’ve basically been sitting in Starbucks, using their wireless internet to update my blog, gchat with some awesome peeps, and write on my laptop while watching the insanity of Xi’an pedestrian traffic walk by outside. It might be the best day yet. It was so nice to have a day that was not controlled by anyone else’s schedule and just relax. I’ll be back on my game tomorrow, but this was a much needed respite.
I feel a little guilty that this is such a boring post, so here's a picture of Xi'an traffic out the window of a bus. Its actually crazier than Beijing, which I did not think was possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment