Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Saturday – Last Day in Beijing

So after spending most of the day working to finish up our class projects, Caitlin and I decided we deserved some pampering. We had seen a ton of little shops offering all variety of spa services, so she chose a pedicure, and I opted for a foot massage. But apparently two weeks of walking around Beijing and hiking the Great Wall had not been kind to my extremities, because when the nice massage man looked at the bottom of my feet, he paused. He looked up at me, looked back at my feet, pointed to me feet and said,”I will help you.” He then proceeded to use some kind of amazing tool that peeled off layers and layers of dead nasty skin from my heels, all the while collecting it in a pile and showing it me as we went along. At this point, the massage was not even necessary because I felt I had already gotten more than my money’s worth out of the experience. Of course I stuck around for the massage anyway, and other than the part where he put some kind of balm on my skin and rubbed it until it felt like my skin was melting off, it was quite lovely. I walked on clean, soft feet all the way to the train station.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds much nicer than an ear flush. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the picture of the dead skin collection?!?!?!!

    ReplyDelete