Saturday, June 27, 2009

Do you like jeans? I am sure. You like it.

I have developed a shopping addiction. Maybe it’s the thrill of the haggle. Or the endless aisles of useless overpriced items. Or perhaps I really enjoy being stalked by aggressive sales people. I don’t know. What I do know is, I can’t stop buying things at the market. The fake mall must have started it, because next Caitlin and I searched out a supposedly cheaper mall in the basement of a metro station. Unfortunately for both of us, our bank’s ATM was in the mall, and ludicrous spending ensued. The next day, we took a short break from working to get some lunch, and somehow in the two blocks between our hotel and the dumpling stand we both managed to buy two more enormous bags of stuff. Seriously, we were gone like ten minutes. I’m already itching to get this blog post done so I can go to another shopping area we read about in Caitlin’s travel book. She was expecting me (usually the budget conscious one) to rein her in, but so far I’ve only made things worse. Here’s a list of a few of the absurd things I’ve purchased thus far.

Two pairs of jeans (“Diesel” and “Seven” brands…check out the label from the Diesel jeans for verification of their authenticity) $29
One “real” leather belt $9
The entire five season box set of Six Feet Under $26
A bag to carry all the stuff I bought (but it’s way too small so I’ll have to buy another one) $6
Two awesome shirts (Jessie, you’ll be proud) $26
Two (why did I need two?) visors with a full coverage face mask $5
One package of ten pairs of socks $0.76
There will no doubt be more before the end of the day. Damn you, China, and your cheap awesome stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Dammmmnnnnn you are getting awesome deals though! You ain't never gonna find fancy smancy jeans for that cheap in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that you like jeans. LIKE IT.
    Are you looking at me? I attract you.

    oh its poetry! I am proud of your new shirt purchases, especially after the photo of your now grease splattered top (you were eating in the photo. hehe. Man I wish I was in china...I could use some cheap awesome stuff. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the top left corner, did they mean "Suckyful Life" or "Sauceful Life?" Whatever they meant, they weren't very successful at conveying their message. (Ha! Get it?) See if you can score LOST season 5 for me. I can't wait until December. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete