Monday, June 22, 2009

More foods I like.

Seeing as how my previous food post received the most critical acclaim, I thought I would follow with a sequel. Here are some other food items of interest on my trip.





This may not look very tasty, but China has figured out the best way to cook eggplant in the whole world. This is one of my favorite items, and luckily they serve it almost everywhere. Spicy and delicious. I must learn how to cook this for when I get home.





This is one of the many courses I ate at the fancy Japanese restaurant I went to with Tracy. We sat at a big table with a stove built into it and the chef cooked everything for us right there. Salmon, 3 kinds of beef, salad with blueberry dressing (what? it was like a smoothie), and 2 desserts. Awesome.




Tonight Caitlin and Mike and I went to a Thai place (we’re mixing it up in Shanghai…they have every kind of food here). This is what came out when Caitlin ordered coconut juice. Doesn’t get any fresher than that. The best part of the meal was the dessert, which was hot sticky rice with mango ice cream on top that melted as you ate it. I was going to take a picture to show you guys, but I forgot and ate it all.

4 comments:

  1. When I saw the first picture, I mentally crossed China off my "To Do" List, as I didn't want to end up starving. But then I saw the other 3 pics and thought "yummm". Now after assurances that they do, in fact, have bacon, I may go ahead and put it back on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say bugs are the least worrying thing in that eggplant

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to eat all of it + lick the plate.

    ReplyDelete