Monday, June 22, 2009

Shanghaiiiiiiii!!!!!!


We arrived in Shanghai early Sunday morning and were greeted by the oppressive humidity of China’s most international city. Seriously, its like swimming. The city is amazing though, I’m really looking forward to exploring it more. Our hotel is fantastic too, which is quite a relief after the Xi’an stinkfest. We each have two pillows on our beds, and a shower that isn’t on top of the toilet. And for breakfast, they serve toast and jam! I mean, I’m livin’ large here people.  For reals.

I was too tired to do much, but I did walk around the tourist area along the river (see photo, illustrating skyline and smog) and went to a delicious fancy dinner with our professor (more about that in the next post). The neighborhood where we’re staying is kind of an ex-pat area, so there’s a place that supposedly serves bacon for breakfast. I’ll be checking that out tomorrow, and will let you know.


1 comment:

  1. That smog is so bad I have trouble breathing just looking at your post.
    I bet you have some serious black boogers.

    ReplyDelete