Thursday, July 2, 2009

Eau de Mildew

So I have been doing most of my clothes washing in the sink here, because there aren’t really laundramats in China. One time Dawn and I took some clothes to get washed at a laundry place but they do it by hand and it costs like $2 per shirt, so we decided that wasn’t the most budget conscious technique. Also, because there are no dryers, all my pants are stretched out to the point of falling off my ass. I’m telling myself I’ve lost weight, but I know that I just need to shrink them in the dryer. A few days ago I washed my clothes and hung them to dry in the bathroom, and turned on the heat lamp thinking “this will dry them faster.” It didn’t. And in fact all it did was create a warm moist environment for the clothes to mildew, so now most of my clothes have a really lovely mildewy scent to them. Who knew that washing machines would be at the top of my list for things I miss?

2 comments:

  1. Oh no. I could not do it. You are a trooper and my hero. No laundromats? I thought they were overpopulated. They'd make a killing with a few washers and dryers littered about the country (without charging $2 bucks a shirt!) I clearly do not understand China at all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a mold and mildew removal form clothes, visit this link: Mold and mildew removal from clothes . Really great tips, I tried it by myself.

    ReplyDelete