Thursday, May 28, 2009

Where's my sherpa?

One note about rolling suitcases and London: wheels + stairs = suck. And as we established in January when we visited with my mom in a wheelchair, this city is not made for rolling anything. After carrying my stuff up many flights of stairs and over endless bumpy roads (which are probably older than America), I showed up to Peter's work dripping sweat, and he generously offered that it was rather hot today. I think its maybe 75 degrees outside? But I went along with it as I wrung my shirt out on the floor. Looking forward to those China summer temperatures, which are supposed to be a lot like Texas. 

2 comments:

  1. dang. maybe you'll come home with some guns to show for all this heavy lifting. or maybe you'll find a sherpa who will work for beer. either way, yay for your china blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that. Yay China blog! I am so excited to be able to follow along!!

    ReplyDelete