Friday, May 29, 2009

Goodbye London, Hello Beijing.

2 pints of beer. Check.
1 excellent nights sleep. Check.
And much thanks to Kate and Peter for a short but great trip to London.  I'm looking forward to more of the same on my way back. If I'm lucky, the weather will be as gorgeous as it was today.
Next I'm headed to the airport for my Air China flight. I'll be riding on the tube with all my luggage, an activity that is apparently unprecedented in England, based on the glowering looks I received on the way here. I'll have to use my dumb American act again...turns out, I'm pretty good at it. 

1 comment:

  1. Not unprecedented. I've lugged my luggage on the tube many times. Including when I left London, after living there for 6 months. Lucky for me my dad brought an extra bag to help bring back all the crap I accumulated, making it like 4 bags. And by crap I mean clothes from H&M. ha-chacha.

    ReplyDelete